.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Major freakout

Until about 5 minutes ago I honestly thought I might die. Let me explain. At around 6 P.M. I was hungry, and home alone. So, I went in the kitchen to heat something up. While dinner was in the microwave I noticed a small baggie of gingerbread cookies sitting on the kitchen counter. I thought one might go good with my meal, so I ate one. Then I remembered that Mom had previously said something along the lines of "I need to make some new cookie ornaments for the tree." What gos in these ornaments so they'll last for years? Glue! Oh shit, thought I, there's a very real chance I just ingested craft glue. So, I called the parent's cell phones. They were of course turned off. So, I tried my dad's pager. I have no idea how a pager works, I wasn't even sure the message got through. So, I quit trying to reach them, poured a nice tall glass of water, and set to work trying to find the offending glue. I found two bottles in the house. One was labeled "Non-toxic", the other was labelled "HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED." Oh great, my odds are about 50-50. I commenced searching for epicac, or something to induce vomiting. There was nothing. Suddenly the phone rang. I thought it was my parents, it wasn't. My aunt was looking for them too, and having no luck. So, I informed her that they weren't home. I then informed her that I may have just swallowed fatal glue, and that she had been a positive influence over the years, I wouldn't be who I am without her, and I love her. She laughed, and said even if I did, I probably hadn't taken enough to kill me. I should note that by this time I had developed a headache, sweats, and an all over itchy feeling. I sat down and tried to think rationally. I could call poison control, but I don't know for certain I took anything harmful. I could try to drive myself to the hospital, but if serious symptoms onset while I was driving I might endanger myself and others. Finally, I decided to just sit, and drink lots of water. About 45 minutes later, my parents called me from a payphone. I explained the situation to them, and was informed that yes, the cookies were meant to be eaten, and no, there is no glue in them. I breathed a sigh of relief, and then ate a few more. It was a good cookie, regardless of whether it had glue in it or not.

15 Comments:

  • That's nothin'. I've drunken DOT4 brake fluid.

    By Blogger Matt, at 7:26 PM  

  • No, no you have not.

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 8:08 PM  

  • liekwoa O_o

    By Blogger -=WTH=-Mod Clay, at 8:29 PM  

  • ha

    By Blogger mattyg, at 10:08 PM  

  • Hey what bout meeting this christmas vacation unless everyones going to there respective families

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 3:07 PM  

  • Jon, I'm sorry I bitched out about that list I was going to put together for you, but I've been WAY too busy to have the time to sit down and really research what the latest hardware is and what I can get where for a good price and stuff... And this all had to be under $1200. If you still want me to do it, I can once I get a couple free hours.
    _____

    But yeah, we'll definitely film after Christmas, because I'll be getting an awesome box device that captures native component HD video. I know I've said that we keep getting higher HD, but this is as HIGHEST-QUALITY HD as it gets. You guys will LOVE the new production quality. Anyways, when this filming event will take place is still not set, obviously; we still don't know when and where everyone is going to be this vacation.

    By Blogger Matt, at 3:05 PM  

  • I am gonna be in hawaii.=]

    By Blogger _WTH_ the fat kid (Andy), at 6:17 PM  

  • when are you going to be in hawaii, and where abouts?

    Im going for 2 weeks (6 days from now) and im going to the big island, and Maui!

    maybe ill see you there?

    By Blogger AB Parties, at 6:49 PM  

  • Matt dont worry im just gonna put the money towards a car.

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 9:29 PM  

  • My first vehicle is free.

    It's a 1964 Ford blue pickup, and in very good condition. Since I don't drive until August, I'll have all summer to clean it up REALLY nice.

    By Blogger Matt, at 2:54 PM  

  • I am goin to maui too!!

    By Blogger _WTH_ the fat kid (Andy), at 5:39 PM  

  • Hey Andy, do you drive a red car?

    I swear I saw you the other day on the road, right near the big Apple.

    By Blogger Matt, at 7:41 AM  

  • PICKup ill say a prayer for your wallet^_^. That gas mileage is horrendous

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 9:22 PM  

  • spam

    By Blogger Matt, at 4:02 PM  

  • Margirine???.....<<< wtf

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home