.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Upgrade - Modded Xboxes

Recently, a friend of mine asked me to mod his Xbox for him. I had already shown him some of the work that we have done, as well as a demonstration about how modded Xboxes work and totally pwn non-modded Xboxes, and he was really psyched to get his Xbox modded with the latest. So, I took up his offer and he paid me $100 dollars to buy the parts and mod the box.

Of course, I also couldn't resist modding my own Xbox at the same time as I did his, considering that I had been waiting a while to mod my own. So, I went online, checked out www.modchip.com, and purchased two Xecuter 3 CE modchips at reduced prices (because I bought more than one). This online transaction was completed a few days ago. I am expecting a package in my mailbox tomorrow.

As for now, I have been taking apart the two Xboxes, and have been cleaning and preparing the joints to be soldered and wired.


Since my friend's Xbox is a v1.6b and mine is a v1.4-1.5, I will have to mod each Xbox separately from the other, mainly because the motherboard is a completely different layout. Microsoft had to be bitchy like that, I guess.

Also, while I was doing this, I happened to notice that Jon's Xbox also needed just a little bit of cleaning. ^_^

After Jon's Xbox nearly caught on fire a couple of days ago, I decided that I would also open up his box and see what the problems were. The second I pried open the Xbox (upside-down), a pile of dust and dirt dropped into my lap. Quite soon, the entire room was hazy and smoky.

Here's a video of my cleaning the rest of Jon's Xbox, inside-out:
(upload in progress...)

6 Comments:

  • So there were no dead mice and half cooked Pop-tarts in his xbox?

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 11:08 PM  

  • Well, the two modchips came today. I finished modding my Xbox and it is running beautifully. I just need to get a hacked BIOS and EvoX among other software and I'll be good to go.

    Since my friend's Xbox is a v1.6b, that'll require much more time to modify correctly.

    By Blogger Matt, at 9:40 PM  

  • MY BABY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABY. just kidding
    Go to your computer and find the preview for bioshock it pawns

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 12:12 PM  

  • Yeah, your Xbox is fine. In fact, it's physically "unmodded." Whoever modded your Xbox apparently forgot to include the modchip, because when I opened up your Xbox, there was no modchip or anything of the sort inside!

    This is really weird... considering that your software is definitely modded, since you can save games and stuff on your HDD.
    _____

    Also, how can someone be reading your comment if they aren't already at their computer? ^_^

    By Blogger Matt, at 4:02 PM  

  • Another note: Modding my friend's Xbox v1.6b has been a bitch so far. I can't even flash the BIOS cause the 2MB-banks aren't even set correctly. I'm going to have to wire in the bank-select switch, and route it to an external switch panel on the case of the Xbox.

    By Blogger Matt, at 4:05 PM  

  • you say it like i understand it.

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home