.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Sunday, June 18, 2006

5 Years of Unpaid Service

After 5 years of dedicated service to me, my PowerBook G4 800Mhz laptop has begun to die. It all started with the screen not booting properly, and then a physical snap of the rod connection from the screen to the rest of the computer. After that I mysteriously lost 4GB of 'root/home' files (crucial system files), and it goes on...

And so this is a sad time for me, as I watch my Macintosh computer slowly pass away. I plan to spend these last few days trying to heal my valiant Apple PowerBook before I must put it to rest. This PowerBook has not only served me well, but it has also powerfully fueled the Wahttehhog for the last year or so. From my PowerBook the Wahttehhog has pumped out so much media and pwnage...

I hope you all have felt the dedication in this PowerBook from your own individual time spent with it, and you can feel a bit of what I'm feeling right now. Soon my laptop will retire into a glass case placed in my room (that is, of course, after I have tried EVERYTHING possible in attempt to fix it).
_____

And the only good news to arrise from this sad event is:

I might be getting a brand new MacBook Pro 15.4", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, Radeon X1600, DVD/CD+-RW disk drive, as well as a 100GB HD.

Of course, I'd still much rather be using my original PowerPC laptop.
_____

Please let the pwnage resurrect itself...

7 Comments:

  • I'll be able to boot either Mac OS X or Windows at startup on the MacBook Pro, as well as play all the latest PC games under Windows at UBER_HIGH-RES..!

    By Blogger Matt, at 5:21 PM  

  • Go with the MacBook Pro.

    By Blogger Pete, at 8:40 PM  

  • Matt, we could have a LAN after you get home from school. What time do you usually get home?

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 10:10 PM  

  • Sorry guys, Clay does have a game on Tuesday. We can't LAN anyway.

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 8:10 AM  

  • Rest in peace, valiant Mac soldier.

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 10:32 PM  

  • Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM  

  • Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home