.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Monday, July 17, 2006

www.wahttehhog.com - Hosting Plan

We have got to get serious about this website if we plan to get it online any time soon. First of all, I've been trying for months now to get this web server configured, but I apparently just don't have enough know how to get it all set up. This means that we will have to have a commercial web-hosting service maintain our website.

I looked into countless web-hosting companies and finally decided to go with StartLogic (www.startlogic.com), specifically their "ProLogic" plan. Their service has speedy servers, excellent maintenance, free setup, and 99.99% uptime. Also, it will only cost us a little less than $60/year. That means that each of us contributes $10/year (for simplicity) and I will make sure the website gets online ASAP. This is the way to go.

Please, please, please comment your thoughts. I need to know who can do what and where everybody stands on this matter. Thanks.

19 Comments:

  • Our (Austin and I) dad is going to see if he can get that iMac. Would you be able to use that? If not, then Austin and I would be more than willing to shll out $10 a year.

    By Blogger -=WTH=-Mod Clay, at 9:48 PM  

  • I am willing to invest $10.

    By Blogger Pete, at 3:31 AM  

  • Clay didn't know that we had already talked about the iMac. My dad says that the guys at the university aren't done with it, but he is going to ask about it.

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 12:54 PM  

  • I will invest $10.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

  • How are we paying this? Will it be: Matt, Ryan, Andy, Pete, Gerk, Austin/Clay, and Jon/Evan? That way it would be more than enough. Or will it be something else, like the original six members?

    Also, I think that we should give it a week or so if my dad says that they aren't done again (I'm going to ask again tonight). That is if you guys are willing to wait a little longer.

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 1:07 PM  

  • Hey Andy, do you want back onto the blog or not?
    _____

    Anyone that is currently a member should contribute money.

    We can give it a week.

    By Blogger Matt, at 1:19 PM  

  • Could you work with the eMac? We could use that. I'm still working on the iMac, but that might work in the meantime.

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 6:42 PM  

  • yse please

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM  

  • ive got ten bucks but you best hurry cause dead risings coming out soon and this money will be gone.

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 1:50 PM  

  • Andy, what is your email address again?

    By Blogger Matt, at 5:06 PM  

  • http://www.bathttp://www.gameinformer.com/default.htm
    GIvinc.org/
    BATVhttp://www.jinx.com/
    J!NXhttp://www.redvsblue.com
    RvB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

  • dirtbik654@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • Who is anonymous?

    By Blogger Matt, at 6:48 PM  

  • That was Pete being a n00b.

    By Blogger -=WTH=-Mod Clay, at 7:45 PM  

  • I can contribute 10$ a year.

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 10:56 PM  

  • When you get Dead Rising Jon, tell me how it is. I got Chromehounds and it's a pretty good game. I recommend it.

    Are people available for a LAN next week? We should probably plan one...

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 11:07 PM  

  • Yes!! I finally wrote that thing to my Dad (Austin, you know what I'm talking about).

    I can most likely have no problem attending LANs for the rest of this summer now.

    By Blogger Matt, at 9:42 AM  

  • Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

  • I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home