.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Thursday, July 12, 2007

And Finally I Reveal My New Project

Alright, I've been working on this project of mine for quite some time now and I think I've got it down to the point where I can show you guys some of my progress.

Essentially, I have been planning a short film for approximately the last 5 or so months. So far, my ideas are for this film to be based on a fellow security guard who patrols an old factory mill. I have the perfect location scouted out and everything. This guard does his rounds every night, but one night, something is different. Out of place. And that's about as far as I have gotten in the ideas department. There is no dialogue in this short either.

Anyhow, here are some scouting pictures of a mill my Dad has part control over. I took some pictures of possible cinematic environmental shots that I would like to capture on film.

In fact, I did a tremendous amount of work on these images to get the exact "look and feel" that I want. The other thing is, these pictures were taken during broad daylight, and these are already spooky. Also, these pictures are only of one room of many empty chambers and rooms that are dimly lit if at all.

Gotta have the cracked windows

Eerie devices and vats

Through grate lighting

Very cool shot symbolizing the age of the piping and equipment in the mill

The exit is locked

Notice the goop dripping of the I-beam

Bricks, again showing the age and eeriness of the place


What do you think?

14 Comments:

  • I just installed 3GB of fully-buffered 667mhz RAM (w/ heat sinks) into the Mac Pro. At the same time, I added a 500GB high-density internal drive.

    It's a sickness...

    By Blogger Matt, at 9:41 PM  

  • That looks amazing, I think you've got a good location there.

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 12:49 PM  

  • By the way, click on the pictures to enlarge them. You'll see much more detail.

    By Blogger Matt, at 3:28 PM  

  • Am I right in assuming that this has a horror plot line, or are you aiming for a suspense thriller?

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 10:01 PM  

  • Who's acting in this film?

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 11:48 PM  

  • I thought you left for camp already!

    I'm not sure who's acting yet. I need a young-looking guy in his mid-20s. I can buy or get a security-guard clothing set.

    But like I said, I need a script, and I suck at that. Ryan, if you have any time, I'd appreciate if you can conjure some ideas on paper. If you'd like, that is...
    _____

    In answer to Austin, I'm not exactly sure what this is. I don't want it to become a suck-ass little freakshow with cardboard-cutout baddies. I think I'm looking to make a short that gets into this guys head, with stuff really not being there, but he's imagining things, possibly caused by all the nights he spends just by himself in this great eerie place.

    I don't know, something like that.

    By Blogger Matt, at 10:52 AM  

  • Psychological crap or something.

    By Blogger Matt, at 10:53 AM  

  • Also, maybe in black and white?

    By Blogger Matt, at 10:54 AM  

  • Eerie...

    By Blogger -=WTH=-Mod Clay, at 9:12 AM  

  • Check out the new avatar >>

    By Blogger Matt, at 8:44 AM  

  • Umm.. okay?

    http://www.technologyreview.com/Wire/19077/

    By Blogger Matt, at 8:39 AM  

  • That story is amazing. Why can't we all share that connection?

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 8:42 PM  

  • Wouldn't that be nice...

    By Blogger Matt, at 1:26 PM  

  • http://www.bloodgulch.net/
    i found this halo site ,
    its great

    By Blogger DallasFan, at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home