.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Monday, March 06, 2006

The TLD Decision.

The website was done for many months, but now is under construction again due to motivation struck-up in me while viewing the Halouvre website. I'm re-editing main parts of the Wahttehhog site to have more of a Halo feel to it. That means that we're gonna' have the Chief with his sniper as a background alpha-channel transparent image in teh sidebar.

This got me thinking about what kind of TLD (Top-Level Domain) we're going to have for the final URL address. I was originally going to use the conventional .com TLD, but then I realized that we really aren't selling anything yet, and a .org might be more appropriate. Then I found the whole .net framework, which would tie us into the Halo webring (but then again, we're not just Halo-oriented). Here's the basic differences between the 3 most common TLD's.

So what do you guys think? And I'd really like to know...

.....

Note to Jon: Remember that multi-console S-Video cable we were using to film in high-def at BATV with? Well, if you don't mind, I'd like to borrow the cable so I can shoot some high-res Halo images for the website design.

.....

I'm finally back into the music-making business. After releasing the "CS Tech" song, I decided to pulled out teh 'ol Soundtrack Pro and since then have created some effects and beats for use in the 2nd video. If anyone has got any music or rhythms they want me to check out and possibly incorporate into Compilation 2, send 'em to me at matt2491@gmail.com.

12 Comments:

  • The problem with only filming Ep 3 at Austin's is that Ep 2 still isn't done. While I understand the need to get ahead, we've seriously got to take ANY and all oppurtunities to voice act at this point.

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 5:28 PM  

  • I doubt we'll be able to voice-act at Austin's house (or anyone's house, for that matter) with the entire clan present because there'd be just too much background noise.

    By Blogger Matt, at 5:42 PM  

  • So we'd have to group up at BATV, where quiet is mandatory.

    If we go to BATV instead of Austin's place, then we could work on Ep. 2. But if we still film at his house, it would have to be finishing up the Montag scene and starting Ep. 3.

    By Blogger Matt, at 5:44 PM  

  • Well, we'll start Ep 3, but if we could just make an effort to voice act, and see how it turns out, I'd be appeased.

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 5:56 PM  

  • It should be .za, noobs.

    By Blogger Pete, at 6:17 PM  

  • South Africa?

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 6:22 PM  

  • Maybe we could join the illegal webring of the .ws.

    By Blogger Matt, at 7:07 PM  

  • Seriously, I think we should go with .net.

    By Blogger Pete, at 1:04 PM  

  • I agree with Pete. It should be .net.

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 5:35 PM  

  • Why is the sidebar and bottom of the blog all messed up?

    By Blogger Pete, at 7:46 PM  

  • Matt probably touched the big red button on his keyboard. The one that says "Do Not Touch."

    By Blogger Marquis de Suave, at 8:27 PM  

  • Ths sidebar and bottom of the blog aren't messed up... You're computer, you're Windows PC, is just screwing with you, that's all.

    By Blogger Matt, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home