.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Shabu Village Restaurant Website

Currently, I've been building this website for a new restaurant called Shabu Village in Brookline, and I'm getting paid big bucks to do it. (Ryan, you helped me film that video, which you can now watch incorporated on the home page.)

Visit the first draft of this website at ShabuVillage.com. (I have only finished the home page and menu page so far.)

By the way, this website is hosted off teh StartLogic "ProLogic" plan, which is what I mentioned to you all earlier as our option for web-hosting service.
_____

I mainly created this post so you guys can basically "beta-test" this site for me. In other words, if you come across any errors or problems while visiting the site, PLEASE tell me.

Thanks.

8 Comments:

  • Also, if you are ever in the Brookline area, be sure to actually stop by the restaurant and eat. Tell Mrs. Checkovich (the restaurant owner) that I sent you.

    By Blogger Matt, at 6:08 PM  

  • Nice job, Matt. Haven't found any errors, yet.

    By Blogger Pete, at 6:37 PM  

  • look's really great but a few very minor issues

    Add the copyright icon, next to the word "copyright"

    And if there's more contact info, like a telephone number for the restaurant, you might want to make a contact page

    Just a suggesstion is to put the address of the restaurant on the enter page as well as on a footer (under the copyright stUf). Usually you want to show the address as much as possible, so that a person on the site would be able to learn this information without actually "learning" it (the same idea is used in jingles, etc.)
    But really it's a great job

    oh yeah, and "funtastic" wtf

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

  • Yeah, I did try to get get the copyright symbol in there, but random code just popped up in it's place, so I just decided that it is fine the way it is.

    The current contact info is all that I knew for the restaurant at the time when I coded that section. I've already emailed January (Mrs. Checkovich) and asked her for the phone number. I just haven't had time to get back in that code yet.

    And yes, the video. Ryan and I filmed that, and then I edited it and compressed it from some 200MB+ down to 9.7MB. Very little loss in original video quality.

    "Funtastic" was in the script that my friend Misha read off of for the vid.

    By Blogger Matt, at 8:20 PM  

  • Episode 2 will most likely be:

    8 minutes, 36 seconds & 21 frames long.

    Think about what that means...

    ^_^

    By Blogger Matt, at 8:52 PM  

  • tis cool so how much you make.Is that fondu my computer is running to slow to wach the whole thing so i just wanted to know And i have no speekers so i cant hear (kinda like those monkeys except i can talk.

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 9:09 PM  

  • Looks good. I'll try to go there next time I'm around.

    By Blogger -|WTH|-AA7, at 3:11 PM  

  • Hi,
    Start logic is a great choice of a host. Please feel free to stop by our blog and tell our readers about your experience with Startlogic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home