.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Sunday, August 06, 2006

We are near...

Episode 2 is done. Ryan and I completed the final cut yesterday. We exported the highest quality film at 640x480 resolution yesterday as well. We applied absolutely NO compression to the video, because we felt that the experience of watching this episode is much greater if one views it at it's original quality.

And yes, we are going to host all 575.5MB of the file on our own server. (HBO can host it too if they want (they'll probably compress it), but I will be dishing out the original exported version through our own web directory.)

The upload process is underway as I write this (it's been uploading all morning now). I will make the public directory to download the film available as soon as the file uploads.

And no, I don't really plan on ever releasing a compressed version (not HBO included) unless the bandwith burned (from people downloading the file) exceeds well over what is reasonable.

7 Comments:

  • In response to Austin's comment in the previous post:

    Since I've been building that website for the restaurant, January (her name) bought the ProLogic plan (which includes 15GB of storage and 500GB bandwidth/month).

    I plan to use just enough space out of the Shabu Village web directory to host the video out of. The restaurant's website definitely will never exceed 1GB, so we got plenty of extra storage space to burn.

    January won't have a problem with this either (we're family friends). Not only would she ever know, but she simply wouldn't care.

    Once the upload completes, I will put a link on the blog directed to "http://www.shabuvillage.com/wahttehhog/sans_culottes/Wahttehhog_Ancien_Regime/"

    By Blogger Matt, at 1:19 PM  

  • URGENT: Please DO NOT try to access the web address I put in the above comment. THE FILE IS STILL UPLOADING INTO THAT DIRECTORY!! I don't want to corrupt the file or directory!

    By Blogger Matt, at 1:37 PM  

  • "And why your watching this video, make sure to visit Shabu Village!"

    Shabu Village: we put the fun back in funtastic

    By Blogger mattyg, at 2:29 PM  

  • is the video up?

    By Blogger mattyg, at 3:50 PM  

  • No. For a very frustrating reason.
    _____

    My MOM "accidentally" closed my FTP client, therefore killing over 5 hours worth of file uploading.

    By Blogger Matt, at 5:40 PM  

  • It's fine though, I downloaded a better FTP client anyways, and it was screwing stuff up anyways. 136.9MB of the file has been upload already since I started less than an hour ago.

    By Blogger Matt, at 6:40 PM  

  • cant wait this episode is gonna pawn

    By Blogger [wthg}jondrunken master, at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home