.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Wahttehhog Organization

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Some of my 3D Modeling Work

Since I started the Engineering Academy at Minuteman Regional High School, I've gained quite a bit of knowledge in the areas of advanced 3D modeling and drafting. Using Autodesk Inventor, a powerful $4000 3D modeling program, I've created several very detailed models and renders during my time so far in 3D drafting (my Freshman-year shop class). Currently, I'm working on designing an arbor press machine as well as a detailed floor jack. Below are some of my projects that I have finished. They're in order from earlier models to later models (very recently completed). All parts are working and runnable (as in, wheels roll, and pistons pump accordingly).









As you can see, these are very advanced solid models. Although I've already had much experience with 3D modeling and animation (Halo map-making), I've learned a LOT so far in the Academy and plan to incorporate my learnings from school to personal projects (and Wahttehhog productions). We're talking animating impossible machinima scenes for future series and videos.

If you guys are interested in learning to create advanced 3D models and environments as such in programs like Autodesk Inventor & 3DS Max 8, maybe we could start planning meetings in which I could teach y'all to model & animate. Also, I've got legal 3D softwares for you guys to use at home, but I've also got Inventor Pro 10 if anyone wants it (and is willing to actually spend time to learn it).

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home